Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Yesterday I had an EDG. By far the worst part was getting the IV. It was a nightmare. after 6 sticks they got it placed on the palm side of my wrist. I thought that was the place that hurt the most but I have changed my mind. The failed attempt on the top of my index finger was excruciating. After it didn't work and the needle thing was out it started to swell. The mean nurse lady pushed on it really hard. I told her that it hurt too much and she needed to stop and she said, "I know it hurts I'm pushing on it pretty hard."

Enough whining about that. You know what the lasting worst part is? I don't remember anything during the procedure. Okay maybe I should just be grateful, but the Dr and both of the nurses came and asked me specifically if I remember anything. Why? What should I remember? They said I was talking and moving around and that they had to give me more meds to calm me down. I'm disturbed. What should I remember? What are they afraid of? I wonder if there is a way to find out.

No comments: